Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yudu mix it up!

Hey everyone I thought I would share a print that I did all by myself. Of course I used one of al’s already burned screens but the camera looks awesome and at least I printed it myself :D.
Photobucket
As you can see I've got a nice baby blue ink color. I knew I wanted blue but I didn't want to do the blue yudo ink that we had so I thought I'd go ahead and mix my own. I put a nice size bead of both the white yudo ink and the blue on a little throw away plate we had and used a little spatula to mix it up. Then I used the spatula to smear the ink above the image and it was ready to go.

The hardest part of doing this is making sure you have enough of the ink mixed. I always need more than I think I do. This time it wasn't really a problem because I was only lighting up the blue but I want to start making my own colors and that’s where I'm going to have to make sure I have enough.



I also wanted to try out something that Michelle has been doing a lot of lately, printing two colors on an image. This time I mixed some red ink with a little of the white to tone it down and put it onto the screen with the blue.

yudu site
I really like the way the colors mix.

So I’ve got a lot of ideas for a new project with my own image next time and can’t wait to start testing it out. Now I only have to learn how to burn my own screen and I’m set :).

-Marie

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home