Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Low heat set ink- can it be set in the dryer?





I did a little research and found that Permaset has a much lower heat setting temperature than YUDU ink. It can be set at 180 degrees for 2 to 3 min., 140 degrees for 5 to 6 min. and 120 degrees for 8 to 9 min. This means I can heat set tees in our dryer after the ink has thoroughly air dried.

I tested my drier and it get gets up to 153 degrees. So my guess is 4 to 5 min is all we'll need. I did not like the idea of spending a lot of time over my ironing board so I can't wait for my order of Permaset due to come in any day.

We plan on doing a test to compare inks and durability after heat setting when we receive the ink. Stay tuned for the results.

Here are some places that you can buy Permaset ink:


300 ml ((about 10oz) $9.49 1 liter(about 33 0z) $20.79
Estimated $6.95 shipping


A 300ml is about 10oz)$8.37 1 liter is(about 33 0z)$18.37
estimated shipping $7.95

Cya, Al

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! just wondering how the dryer heat-set test worked out. Is it okay, or is hand-ironing still the best way to go?
Thanks!

March 28, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home